Ashwin Bhat takes a look back on 2019
We launched our Swiss WorldCargo tagline “We Care for Your Cargo,” many years ago, but it remains just as relevant today as it was then. Reliability and consistent quality are crucial in every part of our work, but close collaboration with our different partners throughout our supply chain is equally vital to our success.
Although 2020 is already underway, I want to take a moment to recognize these successful partnerships and reflect on some major developments which took place in 2019:
- In February, we extended our partnership with Edelweiss for the coming years, allowing us to continue to market and sell freight capacity for Switzerland’s leading leisure travel airline;
- In April, together with WFS, we opened New York’s first GDP (Good Distribution Practice) compliant pharma facility at JFK Airport;
- In June, we were awarded the DHL Care Award for the fourth time in a row; highlighting our continued commitment to quality in the handling of care-intensive pharmaceutical goods;
- In August, we announced our upcoming launch to two new destinations: Osaka, Japan and Washington D.C.;
- In September, we launched our new brand and marketing campaign that features success stories we deliver together with you;
- In October, we extended our partnership at our hub Zurich with our ground handling partner Cargologic for another seven years;
- In December, our most recent Boeing 777-300ER joined our fleet, which will contribute to our increase in offered capacity throughout our network.
And of course, over the course of this year, we shifted our Cargo Matters magazine format to this blog, directly in line with our continued focus on digitalization and continued focus on technology.
Digitalization will continue to underscore our focus in the future as well. In the New Year, we aim to hit the ground running, and have exciting developments which we will announce in the next quarters.
We couldn’t do all of this without you. So from my team to yours, thank you for everything you do. I look forward to our continued success together this year and the coming decade!
We care for your Cargo.